Protein Packed Quinoa Pancakes
My goal, is to get back to my pre-hip injury body. That means lean and very muscular. Now, to get to that point, I obviously need to workout with strength training and cardio, but I also need to make sure I'm getting enough protein in my vegetarian diet. I found that having a heavy duty breakfast to hold me over for my late lunch does wonders for me, so I wanted to share one of my go to recipes just in case some of you were in the same boat I am.
Recipe yields 3 servings
Note: Pictures reflect a larger serving size.
- 1.50 cup, Cooked Tri-color Quinoa
- 0.50 tsp, Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 0.25 tsp, Vanilla extract
- 0.25 Tsp, Cinnamon
- 2 tsp(s), Honey
- A pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp, White Flour
- 1 Banana
- Mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl until thoroughly integrated.
- Heat up a skillet to medium heat and add some butter until it's nice and hot (hot not burning).
- Pour in and spread batter to flatten a bit (batter can be a little thick). Then cook the pancakes until golden brown on each side.
- Cut up the bananas and sprinkle over the top of the pancakes and enjoy of course!
Not into sweet breakfast recipes? Trade the vanilla extract and cinnamon for 0.25 cup of scallions, 0.50 tsp of soy sauce and cook with some sesame oil. That's right, keep in the honey to give a sweet, salty and umami flavor profile.
What's your normal breakfast meal? Do you skip or do you like a big ol' breakfast?